Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June 10th, 2013 Hello, how was everyone's week? Is there any chance that anyone knows a David Scott? He is like one of my favorite people in the world, he reminds me of some of the Newton classics, he'd fit right in with you all, Clair, Sue, he's a real hoot. He's our Ward Mission Leader in Hansen ward and we love 'em, he is soooo good at what he does. He also manages the Church Welfare farm out here which is even more commendable, just a stellar individual. Speaking of those type of people, President and Sister Cannon, Wednesday at our meeting in Boise could possibly be the last time that I see them, VERY sad, I love those too soooo much, they are amazing friends and servants of the Lord. I hope you are able to hook up in St. G like she was saying, that'd be cool. So some news on the new mission. As you probably know, it takes affect on July 1st, but the determining transfer is in a week on the 17th. For the Twin Mission, there is going to be a 3 week transfer (half the time of normal) to usher in everything, so there will be a transfer at the beginning of July, kinda crazy. Not sure if this changes departure dates or anything we'll find out. It'll be interesting as well to only have like 2 to 3 sets of Zone Leaders here rather than 12 or so in the whole mission, there's a lot of responsibility President Cannon has said in making this whole transition, it'll be good . We have had some of the most productive and spiritual member-missionary dinner appointments that I've probably ever had on my mission lately, there are so many awesome members who are going to be a MAJOR part in teaching and preparing for the hastening of the work in the area. One of the families, their son went to Venezuela on his mission and it sounded like it was probably at the same time as Tim, not sure though. So every month we have a "Zone Vision" which is a paper that is designed in a way that catches the eye and makes you want to keep the commitments for the month. I completed my first one and the reception was great, I'll attach it for you to see. There is a family and the dad looks like a younger version of Papa and he has Italian connections, long lost relative??? It was way cool to be out on splits the other day in the 1st ward. There was a former investigator that a member and I contacted and she wants to make improvements in her life and progress in the Gospel, we've taught her twice and she said that she'll be coming to church this Sunday, so I"m hopeful for that as well as this other guy who had an interview, passed it and everything and something happened and the baptism fell through, so we're trying to get him on board, he's pretty awesome and knows the Bible like the back of his hand. I'm going to start a Marketing Research Development Foundation with Elder Porras, we were working on some of the logistics at Bishop's Store-House this week, I'll manage the southern part of Utah and he'll cover the top. He's from St. George but all of his siblings went to USU so he is probably going there. Great missionary and friend, he is one of the APs in Twin right now. I have found Mibs the 2nd, they look identical, it is crazy, you'll have to send a picture so I can compare the two. They nicknamed her George for some reason and I told them about Mibs. Wonderful family, they have 9 kids, and most of them are from Haiti, they have a great set up and are tremendous parents. One of them is a social worker and looks like he was one of Tim's friends. The Mibs girl is Ukranian and 3 years old so unfortunately she doesn't know any Russian :( but her parents speak it. There was a HUGE yard sale thing at the park by our house and I was able to see some friends, a guy in Twin that Elder Dearborn and I set up to be baptized, happened a week after I left, and Brother and Sister Christensen, ward missionaries in the 16th ward in Twin, they were sooo happy to see me. Elder Sangio who was with Elder Kelliher back in the days of Dearborn, came with this girl to Maxies at the same time that all the missionaries were eating, it was great to see that guy. This is the last P-day before the split so it'll be weird to see a lot of new faces next week, but it's life. Are you guys doing the D&C challenge as well? Well I gotta get goin, sooooo have a WONDERFUL week, Love ya much! :) - Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment