Friday, December 14, 2012

Nov 26,2012 When turning, choose the "Right" Well....... have a lot of stories for you today. I have debated whether to tell you about one of them in particular, but I remember when you told me that you wanted to hear ALL that happened, the un-cut edition of my mission, wow that rhymed really well, nothing really witheld, sooooo here ya go. First off, know that we are TOTALLY fine and safe. We were heading to a dinner appointment lead by Idahoan directions, so we were very confused, "Go West from the old water-tower and go as far as Berry's Market and then you keep goin and see a yellow house with a green-roof. So I go to this general direction and the GPS tells us to go down-town, so we are lead astray and call him and he says that it was close to where we were, so we make the travel back. We are on Washington S. going south and then find the water tower again and so now we are heading north on Washington S. (telling you the addresses so you can Google Map them if you want) making a turn onto 3600 N. we made the turn so we are facing west. We heard no brakes from their car and when we were hit and turned over 200 degrees, we were just confused at what was going on. As you know the left-turn is pretty much out of luck in any situation. I feel so very blessed though , I couldn't really get a lot of sleep that night, just thinking of the "what ifs" ya know, just so grateful that everyone is ok and safe. I had a terrible nightmare that President Cannon wouldn't talk to me afterwards and then sent me to Texas. Like I said, TERRIBLE, President Cannon would never do that, he's like that lady that if you slapped her, he'd compliment you on your swing, so nice and kind, the dream took me for a loop. I took a thing of flowers to the driver's house and just said, "I'm glad we are all safe, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving" I feel that they really appreciated that, they are nice people. Oh well, it happens, I have heard MANY stories of missionaries in accidents in the mission. There was one just the other day (not trying to scare you or anything). Also a blessing in disguise because Elder Dearborn is from Denver so he probably knows how to tackle the roads in heavy snow better than I do. Church policy is that if the damage is over $1500 then you lose your driving priviledges and the companion drives, makes sense, but that dollar amount is basically nothing with how cars are made now-days with the plastic and fiber-glass. Car people are going today to get an estimate so we'll maybe get it back soon, not sure on a date yet, we'll just have to wait and see. Still don't know if telling ya about it was the best thing to do, hope you know everything is ok. We are riding our bikes and getting rides from members lately, so it's brought us closer to them. I've been thinkin', for my Christmas thing that you want me to ask for, I just ask that you know things are going great, I have mountains of Pop-tarts and Reeses so I'm good until probably years from now. I honestly can't think of anything that I need. Also, let Justin know how cool that is that he is in the Summit, and to tell David and the crew hello. Let's start on a good note shall we? I am so dang lucky right now! Brother Simpson, one of our Ward mission leaders goes to Utah every other week or something like that. He had more packages of Maddox Turkey Steaks than he needed an I can't remember how we started talking about it, I think I mentioned that I missed Logan's Turkey Steaks, and he offered to give one of the bags to us that we usually buy at home, I'm in heaven, think I'll cook one up here pretty soon :) That's awesome to hear about the Mega-plex theater thing in St. G, you may all go to see the Hobbit in my stead next month when it comes out and let me know how it goes, good FHE activity :) Was the Pi one the tiger and the boy on the boat? Please let Sue know how much I appreciate her cards and money that she sends, she's so kind. No transfers for us, I was called to be the District Leader so that'll be interesting with training as well. Elders Sangio and Kelliher are going to Burley and Meridian, I'm gonna miss those two hooligans, love 'em to death. We will get two new Elders in their area and Sister Pugh and Sister Anderson will take the place of Elder Sangio and Elder Kelliher. Sister Pugh is from Burma so that will be awesome to have her help us with teaching those groups of people. We have baptisms this Saturday,we are excited about that. We went to the Temple on Tuesday, ahhh so amazing, it gets you away from the stress of the world. Did you figure out that coded message that I sent? We had a great Thanksgiving at the LaMarche's, that's a sweet letter that he wrote, he is so amazing, he has helped us out tremendously. There were fireworks here in the area as a start of the Christmas season. We went with E. Kelliher and E. Sangio to a member's home where they had a hot chocolate and donut get-together, it was fun. That's where we received the transfer voicemail, we were all really suprised at what transpired. Elder Hardy is staying and training in Meridian, he constantly lets me know when they eat at Chick Fil A. Well, upward and onward as they say, It'll be good to see ya on Skype or whatever. Alright, well, sorry that I had to start out the way I did, hope ya understand. I love ya all, together we can do this, together we can bring change, thank you, thank you. Hope you have a stupendous week and Merry Thanksgiving and Happy Christmas :):) - Love Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment