Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Feb 25th 2013 Yeah for Chick-fil-A ,Hahahaha, so when I was at the Training stuff Elder Miles, Elder Sondrup, and I went to Chick-Fil-A on our way for the meeting to pick up our new trainees. So derrrishhhhhous (As Brother Razo would say in an Asian voice), dang it, I miss that kid like the Dickens as you say, which in all reality, makes no sense in it's meaning.... Tell him to write me somethin and to get feeling better soon. And whenever I wanted a taste of the Hollister beach life, I'd stay a couple days at his place. Apparently he has a 6,000 square foot place over in Cali that he says has a lot of room for guests so I'll have to hit that up some time :) You're right, we tend to be on the road a lot, blessing that we don't have to pay for the gas on that beast. It was quite the experience getting home from Zone Conference, huge blizzard in Baker that forced like 50 million semis to rest-stops and to the side of the road until it calmed down. Elder Lehmuller, thankfully, oh gosh, was driving so we were able to survive the journey. My companion, well I haven't introduced you to him really yet, so let's do that... His name is Elder John and he is from Boston, more specifically Belmont, Massachussetts. He has like made it a life goal to master the Joker voice and all of his mannerisms so it's like being companions with Heath Ledger and it freaks me out a little bit. He actually wants to pursue a career in Communications, like a Sports Writer, because people have commented on his deepish and loud voice that he carries. We have actually had a few teaching appointments and roleplays and he does a good job. I made this little game where you had to keep a straight face while we did a teaching role-play and he has a tremendous poker-face, like better than Lady GaGa's :) so definitely a talent in keeping composure. That's absolutely terrible to hear about Barry Myers, eehhhh, way too bad. I hope that he has a speedy recovery. Clair's probably right, one of the most painful situations that the human body could be in. Anyways, I guess I'll give you the titles for the week.. 3:30 AM, Hardy, Bloom, Miles, PKC's Place: De ja vu of the old days in the Office at Novosibirsk, waking up at all hours of the night preparing for crazyish to go on that day. I was happy to see some of the Elders that I've made some pretty lasting friendships with. Elder Bloomfield, Elder Hardy, and Elder Miles, as you probably guessed from the title. Since all the Trainer's from faraway areas didn't have a way of transportation unless nearby Elders drove them, just mainly hung out around the office. Made a walk to Deseret Book and got a New Testament Seminary Manual, way good choice. We went to President Cannon's at 5:30, ate pulled pork and ice-cream and had a devotional for the rest of the night (9:00) It was the exact same as when I was preparing to Train Elder Dearborn, so I basically knew the agenda. Elder Miles and I headed back to Elder Sondrops area for the next 2 days. He lives in a WAY cool place. In-door gym, parrot, sauna, a snail shower. Chick-Fil-A!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!! I was able to be reunited with my soul mate once again. We met with a member in Elder Sondrops area who was a Chiropractic Physician guy who dealt a ton with Hollistic stuff and we talked about that type of stuff for a few minutes and I saw the future Justin with glasses and white hair. Battle-ball, Elder "Joker John", DLC: In the in-door gym for part of our exercise, we invented this exercise ball game where it was like pong, pretty entertaining for a while, before your wrists are broken from taking the pressure of that ball. I was assigned to Elder John, who is known for his Joker impression, pretty creepy how accurate, probably the east-coast influence on his accent. I had a DLC in Ontario before we went back to La Grande, I met this guy from Mongolia who spoke a little Russian, it's a small world. Boise Temple, Slick Exodus: Zone Conference, President gave us the go ahead to go to a session since we are so far away from the temple, it was great to go again. Like we talked about, it was a Slick Exodus back to La Grande. We had like a pretty good list of people to visit, not one, most were HBHing us,( home but hiding,) we helped Brother Rasheed move into his new house in 2nd ward, we're going to miss him, but he's going to the other Elders Area :( We gave talks on missionary work in the 3rd ward. Elder John is allergic to cats, the Hanleys had a few that lived outside but occasionally come in and his eyes were freaking out. We made contact with an investigator .Part member family, so we're happy with that. Well, "M" if you remember, who I taught while I was in the Tri-panionship as well "J" are both getting baptized this Saturday and she has chosen Elder MacFarlane and I to witness and Elder Lehmuller to baptize so that'll be a great day. Have a great week, be thankful for my increased typing speed so that you would be able to be more filled in on the events in my life. Talk to ya later - Love Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment