Tuesday, August 7, 2012

To:vicki bennett Sent: Monday, August 6, 2012 5:52 PM I appreciate Justin's wise counsel and advice every week, He's totally right, if the members aren't on board, then the work is going to be slower for sure. With summer still in full boar, it's been tough because availability is scarce which doesn't make member-present lessons benefit, which is the best way to do things. Also with the BSU football season coming up, I think things are going to slow down quite a bit as well, but you just keep plugging on. We've been able to meet a few new people and some some new investigators, one of them, needed some help with her lawn so me mowed and trimmed it this Saturday. On our way there, you guessed it, I crashed on my bike again.... It wasn't into a parked car this time, just me carrying the Area-Book because we were doing Progress Records right before, and trying to slow down on my hand-brakes but for some reason pulling way to hard and being bucked off. It jacked up my knee and my upper thigh, I'll send some pics, but I think that I'll survive. If I start having more problems though, its good to know that we have chiropractic appointments for free with Dr. Moorhouse, we just went there the other day for a back and neck crackin'. There is a member who bore her testimony about a lady who is her neighbor and is Russian who is having some hard times right now, so maybe I'll meet her. We had another busy Sunday this week, we taught three different classes at three different wards. Two were about missionary work like we did a couple weeks prior, we placed 15 copies of the Book of Mormon with members and challenged them to hand them out to their friends/family, all were gone in seconds. One was in the Hunter ward co-taught with Brother Peterson, our Ward Mission Leader, to the High Priests, another in the Settler's Bridge ward to ALL of the Young Woman in the ward, and the last was the 7 year olds Primary class in the Sundance lesson. All turned out great and I'm thankful for our opportunity to do them. One of our investigators who is a Fire Fighter invited us to a huge annual Salmon BBQ, it reminded me of the Garland thing, but it was better. I'm a little person in a big world. Well I better get goin', the work is goin' great, I'm lovin' every day! Let everyone know I looooooooooove them!!!! - Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment